Ireland 2019 Guidebook
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Freshly updated for 2019
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Irish destinations
- Great self-guided walks, drives, and sightseeing tours
- Includes handy full-color foldout map
Buy your Ireland 2019 Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Ireland you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
Dublin and Nearby
- Dun Laoghaire and Howth
- Boyne Valley (including Brú na Bóinne and Trim)
- Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains
- Kilkenny and the Rock of Cashel
- Waterford and County Wexford
- Kinsale and Cobh
- Kenmare, the Ring of Kerry, Skellig Michael, and sights near Killarney
Dingle Peninsula and Nearby
- Dingle Town
- Dingle Peninsula driving tour
- Blasket Islands
- Cliffs of Moher
- The Burren
- Aran Islands
Westport and Connemara
- Connemara driving tour
- East of Connemara: Knock Shrine, Strokestown Park and Irish National Famine Museum
Donegal and the Northwest
- Between Westport and Derry: Drumcliff Village, Mullaghmore Head, Donegal Town
- County Donegal driving tour
- Portrush and the Antrim Coast
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Ireland, central Dublin, and the Dingle and "Ring of Kerry" Peninsulas)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended three-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Driving, trains, buses, city transit, and ferries
- Irish history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Irish–Yankee vocabulary list
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Also included: a 14½" x 19½" full-color foldout Planning Map that shows all of Ireland, plus key driving distances/times and a close-up of the Dingle and "Ring of Kerry" peninsulas — as well as more handy close-ups (showing major sights) on the back: Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Galway, and Dingle town. (Note: This is a slightly smaller version of Rick's stand-alone Ireland Planning Map.)
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Pat O'Connor|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x 1"|
|Publication date:||November 2018|
|Next edition arrives:||December 2019|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Ireland book and Rick's Best of Ireland guidebook?
Rick Steves Ireland, the complete guide, offers more coverage of more destinations in a mostly black-and-white format, and is updated annually.
The shorter Rick Steves Best of Ireland guidebook focuses on Ireland's top destinations and sights, is in full color, and is updated every other year.
Both books are packed with hand-picked recommendations and Rick's travel advice and tips for saving time, money, and hassle.
Should I get either of the Snapshot guides for Ireland in addition to the Ireland guidebook?
No, because the two Snapshot guides for Ireland are simply excerpted chapters taken directly from the complete Rick Steves Ireland guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Ireland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.