Best of Ireland Guidebook
- Just the best of Ireland's top destinations
- Vivid full-color photos and easy-to-scan layout
- Rick's selected picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks, loop drives, and sightseeing tours
Buy your Best of Ireland Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Best of Ireland you'll find essential Rick-tested information on the following top destinations, plus condensed coverage of several "Best of the Rest" cities and regions:
- Nearby: Boyne Valley and Wicklow Mountains
- Kilkenny and the Rock of Cashel
- Nearby: Cobh and Blarney Castle
- Kenmare and the Ring of Kerry
Dingle Town and Peninsula
- Nearby: Blasket Islands and Tralee
- Cliffs of Moher
- The Burren
- Nearby: Bangor
- Portrush and the Antrim Coast
Best of the Rest
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow color maps
- Gorgeously illustrated destination overview
- Trip planning: Pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended two-week itinerary
- City-specific advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Driving, buses, trains, and city transit
- Irish history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Pat O'Connor|
|Dimensions:||8" x 5" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||November 2020 (3rd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2023|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Best of Ireland book and Rick's complete Ireland guidebook?
Rick Steves Ireland, the complete guide, offers more coverage of more destinations in a mostly black-and-white format, and is updated annually.
The shorter Best of Ireland guidebook focuses on Ireland's top destinations and sights, is in full color, and is updated every other year.
Both books are packed with hand-picked recommendations and Rick's travel advice and tips for saving time, money, and hassle.
Should I get any of the Snapshot guides for Ireland in addition to the Best of Ireland guidebook?
Generally speaking, no — unless you want to really dive into Dublin (covered in-depth in Rick Steves Snapshot: Dublin but less comprehensively in Best of Ireland) or Northern Ireland (covered in Rick Steves Snapshot: Northern Ireland but less comprehensively in Best of Ireland).
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Ireland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.