Snapshot: Northern Ireland
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Northern Ireland
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and drives
- Includes nearby County Donegal (Republic of Ireland)
- Tips for connecting each stop by car or train and bus
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Northern Ireland:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Northern Ireland contains all the complete chapters on this small country, excerpted from Rick's full-size Ireland guidebook — and leaves out most of the chapters on Republic of Ireland. So if all you want is Northern Ireland, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Bangor and Nearby
- Portrush and the Antrim Coast
- Derry and Nearby
- County Donegal (Republic of Ireland)
- And more
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting the region by car, bus, and train
- Sidebars on Northern Ireland's history, culture, and present-day political climate
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Pat O'Connor|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¼"|
|Publication date:||June 2014 (excerpted from Rick Steves Ireland 2014)|
|Next edition arrives:||December 2015|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Ireland guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Northern Ireland covers the exact same topics as the Northern Ireland chapters of Rick Steves Ireland — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-size guidebooks.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Ireland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.