- Just what you need for the best of Dublin and surroundings
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Dublin's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Includes Dun Laoghaire, Howth, and four day-trip destinations
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Dublin:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Dublin contains the complete chapters on this city and its day trips, excerpted from Rick's complete Ireland guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Irish destinations. So if all you want is Dublin and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
- Getting around Dublin by bus, train, and taxi
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Easy-to-follow maps
Recommended sights and activities
- From the Kilmainham Gaol to the Trinity Old Library and its Book of Kells to musical pub crawls to Dublin Castle, and beyond
- Self-guided "O'Connell Street Stroll" walk: This book becomes a tour guide in your pocket as you meander from O'Connell Bridge and down O'Connell Street, past some of the city's most iconic monuments
- Recommended hotels and restaurants (including budget options in Dun Laoghaire and Howth)
- Valley of the Boyne (including Brú na Bóinne and Trim)
- Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains
- Irish National Stud
- Sidebars on Dublin's history and culture
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Pat O'Connor|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||February 2020 (excerpted from Rick Steves Ireland 2020)|
|Next edition arrives:||February 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's complete Ireland guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Dublin covers the exact same topics as the Dublin and Near Dublin chapters of the complete Rick Steves Ireland guidebook — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's Best of Ireland guidebook?
Probably not — Rick Steves Best of Ireland has nearly as much information on Dublin as the Snapshot guide. The Snapshot does provide some more detail on Dublin's day trips — if you'd like more comprehensive coverage of the Boyne Valley and Wicklow Mountains, the Snapshot guide is worthwhile.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Ireland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.