- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need for the best of England
- Great self-guided neighborhood walks and museum tours
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your England Guidebook:
In Rick Steves England you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- London and Nearby
- Greater London, including Greenwich and the Docklands
- The Southeast
- Dover and nearby
- Brighton and nearby
- Portsmouth and nearby
- Cornwall and Dartmoor
- Self-guided Dartmoor Joyride
- Penzance, St. Ives, and the Penwith Peninsula
- East Cornwall
- Bath and Nearby
- Glastonbury and Wells
- Stonehenge and Avebury
- Salisbury and nearby
- Oxford and Cambridge
- Blenheim Palace
- Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds
- Chipping Campden and nearby
- Stow-on-the-Wold and nearby
- Moreton-in-Marsh and nearby
- Warwick and Coventry
- Ironbridge Gorge
- Liverpool and Blackpool
- The Lake District
- Keswick and the North Lake District
- South Lake District
- York and North Yorkshire
- Durham and Northeast England
- Hadrian's Wall
- Beamish Museum
- Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of England, West London, East London, and London's Underground network)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended three-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- English history, culture, and cuisine (or at least comfort food)
- Handy British–Yankee vocabulary list
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x 1"|
|Publication date:||December 2013 (6th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||April 2016|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If you don't plan to travel outside England, Rick Steves England is all you're likely to need. If you're going to Scotland and/or Wales as well, Rick Steves Great Britain is probably the better buy, as it covers most of the same English destinations, plus our favorite places in Scotland and Wales.
If you're going to Scotland as well as some of the destinations that are covered in our England book but not covered in the bigger Great Britain book (Canterbury, Dover and Southeast England, Brighton and nearby, Portsmouth, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Oxford, Blackpool, and some of North Yorkshire), you could opt for getting both Rick Steves England and Rick Steves Snapshot: Scotland (cheaper and lighter than bringing along both the England and full-length Great Britain guidebooks).
Rick Steves England also has more than enough on London for anyone visiting for just a few days. But if you plan to spend at least four days in London, the extra information in Rick Steves London might be nice to have along. Compared to the London chapter of the England book, Rick Steves London offers much more in-depth sightseeing information, many more self-guided city walks and museum/sight tours, and advice for travelers specifically interested in the city's shopping, nightlife, or activities for kids. Other information is generally the same — the London chapter of Rick Steves England has all the hotels, restaurants, and nitty-gritty practical advice for London that you'll find in the Rick Steves London guidebook. (Our smaller Pocket London guide offers no sightseeing advice or practical information not included in the full-size Rick Steves England guidebook, and no walks or museum tours that aren't in our full-size London guidebook.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on England, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.