- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 1/1/19 or while supplies last!
- Carry London in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket London:
In Rick Steves Pocket London you'll find only the best of London — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is seven self-guided walks and tours that zero in on London's greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Getting around London by Tube, bus, and taxi
- Basic tips on shopping, entertainment, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- West End
- Westminster Abbey
- National Gallery
- British Museum
- British Library
- Tower of London
- More Great Sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of London's other top attractions, from Buckingham Palace to the Tate Modern to the Victoria & Albert Museum to the London Eye, and beyond
- Where to Stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to Eat: Condensed listings for recommended cafés and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" foldout map: Central London on one side; on the other: London Underground transit system, and bus routes
- More full-color maps of London's neighborhoods and floor plans of museums and churches
- Handy British–Yankee vocabulary list
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||June 2017 (3rd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||June 2019|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Pocket guide and Rick's other London guidebook?
Rick Steves Pocket London works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to London. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket London is smaller than the complete guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, a handful of self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a foldout map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into London, the full-size Rick Steves London guidebook is a better option. It offers more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on every front: practicalities, sightseeing, self-guided tours, hotels, restaurants, entertainment, shopping, kids' activities, and the city's history and culture, plus complete chapters on the best day trips.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on England, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.