- Holiday Sale: 20% off through 12/10/20 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase through 12/10/20!
- Designed for maximum comfort and capacity
- Carry it on the plane, or check it
- Converts from backpack to suitcase
Buy your Convertible Carry-On:
Available in 4 colors:
- Carry-On with Confidence: It fits within most airlines' carry-on guidelines. (Note: It's possible to over-stuff soft-sided bags beyond carry-on limits, and risk rejection. Pack light!)
- Outside: The classic, Rick Steves outer-pocket design gives it a clean, efficient look. A full-length side zipper opens to reveal a 14" x 20" compartment (perfect for a jacket). Three additional front pockets, a mesh water bottle pocket, external compression straps, two grab handles, padded shoulder straps and waist belt, and a breathable mesh lumbar panel complete the outside.
- Inside: The generous main compartment includes adjustable compression straps, a clip-in document pouch with two mesh drawstring bags, and a full-width lid pocket.
- Convertibility: To use it as a suitcase (or check it as luggage), the shoulder straps and waist belt securely tuck away in the back. Handy D-rings give you the choice of adding our optional Over-the-Shoulder Strap.
- Expandability: Gain an extra 2 inches of cargo depth in a pinch (making it "fatter" than the carry-on limit, but perfect for checking).
- Colors: Available in black, graphite, blue spruce, and plum.
- Your Choice: Our no-frills Classic Back Door Bag is also sized to be European-carrier friendly.
- Advice from Rick: Tips for Choosing the Best Travel Bag
|Dimensions:||21" x 14" x 9"|
|Capacity:||2500 cubic inches (3000 expanded)|
Our Product Guarantee
Every Rick Steves travel product comes with our guarantee that it will be free from material and manufacturing defects for the life of the product. If a defect appears, we will either repair or replace the product (at our option) free of charge. This guarantee does not cover damage caused by an airline or other common carrier. Nor does it cover wear and tear to components and materials which may occur over time with use of the product.