Classic Back Door Bag
- Holiday Sale: 20% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Our lightest carry-on bag
- Converts from backpack to suitcase
- You can't beat the price!
- No frills, classic thrills
Buy your Classic Back Door Bag:
Available in 4 colors:
- Classic Trek: Travel with this revival of the bag that Rick carried through Europe back in the 20th century. You won't find expansion or a waist belt here — just a tough, ultra-light bag for an unbeatable price.
- Carry-On with Confidence: It fits within most airlines' carry-on guidelines. (Note: It's possible to over-stuff soft-sided bags beyond carry-on limits, and risk rejection. Pack light!)
- Outside: The classic Rick Steves outer pocket design gives it a clean, efficient look. A full-length side zipper opens to reveal a 14" x 20" compartment (perfect for a jacket). Two additional front pockets, a mesh water bottle pocket, external compression straps, two grab handles, and padded shoulder straps complete the outside.
- Inside: The generous main compartment includes adjustable compression straps, a clip-in document pouch with two mesh drawstring bags, and a full-width lid pocket.
- Convertibility: To use it as a suitcase (or check it as luggage), the shoulder straps securely tuck away in the back.
- Colors: Available in black, graphite, blue spruce, and plum.
- Your Choice: As an alternative to our Classic Back Door Bag (this one!) our more comfortable Convertible Carry-On is also sized to be European-carrier friendly — and it expands.
- Advice from Rick: Tips for Choosing the Best Travel Bag
|Dimensions:||21" x 14" x 9"|
|Capacity:||2500 cubic inches|
Our Product Guarantee
Every Rick Steves travel product comes with our guarantee that it will be free from material and manufacturing defects for the life of the product. If a defect appears, we will either repair or replace the product (at our option) free of charge. This guarantee does not cover damage caused by an airline or other common carrier. Nor does it cover wear and tear to components and materials which may occur over time with use of the product.