Snapshot: Kraków, Warsaw & Gdańsk
- Just what you need for the best of Poland
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by train and bus or car
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Kraków, Warsaw & Gdańsk:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Kraków, Warsaw & Gdańsk contains all the complete chapters on Poland, excerpted from Rick's full-length Eastern Europe guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Eastern European destinations. So if all you want is the best of Poland, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided Royal Way walk and Kazimierz walk, and tours of Wawel Cathedral, Wawel Castle, the Gallery of 19th-Century Polish Art, and Schindler's Factory
- Near Kraków: St. John Paul II–related pilgrimage sights, the Wieliczka Salt Mine, Nowa Huta, and the Kościuszko Mound
Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp Memorial
- Including self-guided tours of both camps
- Including self-guided Royal Way walk and tours of the Royal Castle and Warsaw Uprising Museum
Gdańsk and the Tri-City
- Including self-guided Gdańsk's Royal Way walk and tour of the shipyard's Solidarity sights
- Near Gdańsk: Sopot, Gydnia, and the Hel Peninsula
- Malbork Castle (including self-guided tour)
- Toruń (including self-guided walk)
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by car, bus, and train
- Sidebars on Poland's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Polish survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||July 2019 (excerpted from Rick Steves Eastern Europe, 10th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's full-length Eastern Europe guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Kraków, Warsaw & Gdańsk covers the exact same topics as the Poland chapters of Rick Steves Eastern Europe — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Poland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.