- Carry Vienna in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket Vienna:
In Rick Steves Pocket Vienna you'll find only the best of Vienna — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is seven self-guided walks and tours that zero in on Vienna's greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Getting around Vienna by tram, bus, metro, bike, and taxi
- Basic tips on shopping, entertainment, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Self-guided walks and rides
- Vienna City Walk
- Ringstrasse Tram Tour
- St. Stephen's Cathedral
- Hofburg Imperial Apartments
- Hofburg Treasury
- Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Schönbrunn Palace
- More great sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of Vienna's other top attractions, from the Lipizzaner stallions at the Spanish Riding School to the Vienna State Opera to the bustling Naschmarkt to the Heuriger wine gardens, and beyond
- Where to stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to eat: Condensed listings for recommended cafés and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" foldout map: Vienna's Old Town on one side; on the other: wider view of central Vienna, along with transit map and smaller overview of greater Vienna
- More full-color maps of Vienna's neighborhoods and floor plans of museums and churches
- Handy German survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||February 2020 (3rd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||February 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Pocket guide and Rick's Vienna, Salzburg & Tirol guidebook?
Rick Steves Pocket Vienna works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Vienna. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Vienna is smaller than the complete guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, a handful of self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a foldout map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into Vienna, or travel elsewhere in Austria, the full-size Rick Steves Vienna, Salzburg & Tirol guidebook is a better option. It offers complete chapters for plenty more Austrian destinations, as well as more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on Vienna itself: practicalities, sightseeing, self-guided tours, hotels, restaurants, concerts and nightlife, shopping, and the city's history and culture.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Austria, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.