German Phrase Book & Dictionary
- Key words and phrases for travelers
- In full color, with color coding for easy navigation
- Handy pocket-size format
- Menu decoder and phone instructions
- German–English dictionary
Buy your German Phrase Book & Dictionary:
After decades of close-to-the-ground travel through Europe, Rick Steves has learned which German words and phrases are important for independent travelers — and which ones are worthless outside of four-star hotels. This pocket-sized volume is packed with practical words and phrases designed to help you enjoy a better trip.
You'll find key German words and phrases covering:
- Travel in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland by train, car, city transit, and taxi
- Shopping, money, entertainment, activities
- Sightseeing, technology, sleeping
- Germanic food, wine, and beer, with extensive descriptions
- Travel talk, health, love, curse words
- German tongue twisters and gestures
Wait — there's more:
- More pages than previous editions, but thinner paper for better "pocketability"
- Detailed German–English and English–German traveler's dictionary
- Helpful German–English and English–German menu decoder
- Instructions for using tech devices and telephones
- Phrases for making reservations over the phone
- Maps to aid in conversations
- Words and phrases designed to help you make friends with German speakers
|Dimensions:||5 ½" x 3 ¾" x ½"|
|Publication date:||January 2014 (7th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||September 2019|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If your trip will focus primarily on German-speaking areas, this single-language phrase book is your best value.
If you'll be traveling to Italian- or French-speaking areas as well, Rick Steves' French, Italian & German Phrase Book might be the better buy. It contains all the essentials of each single-language phrase book, but without a dictionary, and with fewer travel tips (and it's in two-color, not full color).