- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Stockholm and surroundings
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Stockholm's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Includes Uppsala day trip and full coverage of Stockholm's archipelago
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Stockholm:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Stockholm contains the complete chapters on this city and its day trips, excerpted from Rick's full-size Scandinavia guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Scandinavian destinations. So if all you want is Stockholm and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
- Getting around Stockholm by subway, bus, and tram
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Recommended Sights and Activities
- From the Skansen open-air folk museum to the Vasa Museum to the Millesgården sculpture park, and beyond
- Self-Guided Walks
- Old Town (Gamla Stan)
- Stockholm's modern city
- Recommended Hotels and Restaurants
- Sights Near Stockholm
- Drottingham Palance
- Stockholm's Archipelago
- Vaxholm, including self-guided walk
- Sandhamn, including self-guided tour
- And More
- Sidebars on Stockholm's history and culture
- Handy Swedish survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¼"|
|Publication date:||October 2015 (excerpted from Rick Steves Scandinavia, 14th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||October 2018|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Scandinavia guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Stockholm covers the exact same topics as the Stockholm and Stockholm's Archipelago chapters of Rick Steves Scandinavia — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Sweden, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.