Snapshot: St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of the Baltics
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by train, bus, or boat
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn:
Rick Steves Snapshot: St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn contains all the complete chapters on these three cities, excerpted from Rick's full-size Scandinavia guidebook and Northern European Cruise Ports guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other destinations. So if all you want is the best of the Baltics, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, activities, hotels, and restaurants for each city, and plenty of extras:
- St. Petersburg (Russia)
- Including self-guided Nevsky Prospect walk and Back-Streets Walk on Vasilyevsky Island, plus tours of the Hermitage Museum, Russian Museum, and Peter and Paul Fortress
- Detailed tips for getting a Russian visa
- Outer St. Petersburg including the Peterhuf and Catherine Palace
- Helsinki (Finland)
- Including self-guided city walk and tram tour
- Handy Finnish survival phrases
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- Including self-guided city walk
- Handy Estonian survival phrases
- And more
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Getting around each city by public transit
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by train, bus, or boat
- Sidebars on each city's history, culture, and cuisine
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||October 2015 (partially excerpted from Rick Steves Scandinavia, 14th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||October 2018|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Scandinavia guidebook?
Only if your trip includes an excursion to St. Petersburg as part of a longer trip to Scandinavia beyond Helsinki and Tallinn. Aside from the St. Petersburg chapter, Snapshot: St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn covers the exact same topics as the Helsinki and Tallinn chapters of Rick Steves Scandinavia — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports guidebook?
Only if your Baltic-cruise trip includes a longer stay in either of these three cities, as this Snapshot guide includes some sightseeing information, as well as recommendations for eating, sleeping, and entertainment, that aren't included in the cruise-oriented guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.