Snapshot: Hill Towns of Central Italy
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Italy's hill towns
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks
- Tips for connecting the towns by car or train and bus
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Hill Towns of Central Italy:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Hill Towns of Central Italy contains all the complete chapters on this region, excerpted from Rick's Italy guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Italy destinations. So if all you want are the hill towns, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price, and a fraction of the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for Italy's top hill towns:
- San Gimignano
- The Crete Senese
- Civita di Bagnoregio
- And more
- Short writeups of a handful more nearby stops (including Urbino, Chiusi, Gubbio, Bevagna, and Spello)
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting the towns by car, bus, and train
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, cuisine, and wines
- Handy Italian survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½" · 7.2 ounces|
|Publication date:||January 2014 (excerpted from Rick Steves Italy 2014)|
|Next edition arrives:||November 2015|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany or Rick Steves Italy guidebooks?
Only if you're buying Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany (but not Rick Steves Italy) and you'd like coverage on Assisi, Orvieto, or Civita di Bagnoregio, none of which are covered in Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany. (These three stops are covered, with just as much detail, in Rick Steves Italy.) The Snapshot: Hill Towns guide offers no information on Tuscan destinations that isn't in the Florence & Tuscany guidebook (and has a little less sightseeing info on Siena and Pisa), and no extra information at all that isn't in the full-size Italy guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Italy, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.