Snapshot: Sevilla, Granada & Southern Spain
- Just what you need for the best of southern Spain
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Includes Tangier (Morocco)
- Tips for getting around by train, bus, or car
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Sevilla, Granada & Southern Spain:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Sevilla, Granada & Southern Spain contains all the complete chapters on this region, excerpted from Rick's full-length Spain guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Spanish destinations. So if all you want is the best of southern Spain and nearby Tangier, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, activities, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided Barrio Santa Cruz walk and tours of the cathedral, Alcázar, Museo de Bellas Artes, Basílica de la Macarena, and the city's best shopping paseo, plus extensive listings for flamenco experiences
- Including self-guided Old Town walk and tours of the Alhambra, Royal Chapel, and cathedral
- Including self-guided tour of the Mezquita
Andalucía's White Hill Towns
- Arcos de la Frontera (including self-guided Old Town walk)
- Zahara and Grazalema
- Gibraltar (including self-guided walk)
- Tangier (Morocco)
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for getting around by train, bus, or car
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Spanish survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||January 2021 (6th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||November 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's complete Spain guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Sevilla, Granada & Southern Spain covers the exact same topics as the southern Spain and Morocco chapters of the complete Rick Steves Spain guidebook — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's Best of Spain guidebook?
That mainly depends on whether your plans include Tarifa or Tangier (Morocco), neither of which are included in Rick Steves Best of Spain. Our Best of Spain book does include fairly detailed chapters on Sevilla, Granada, and Andalucía's White Hill Towns, as well as condensed coverage of Córdoba, Nerja, and Gibraltar. But if you'd like more comprehensive coverage of the region, the Snapshot guide is worthwhile.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Spain, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.