Spain 2016 Guidebook
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Freshly updated for 2016
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need for the best of Spain
- Also includes chapters on Tangier (Morocco) and French Basque Country
- Great self-guided neighborhood walks and museum tours
- Includes handy full-color fold-out map
Buy your Spain 2016 Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Spain you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Barcelona and Nearby
- Figueres and Cadaqués
- Basque Country
- San Sebastián
- Bilbao and Guernica
- Hondarribia and more villages on the Bay of Biscay
- St-Jean-de-Luz, Bayonne, Biarritz, and French Basque villages
- Camino de Santiago and Nearby
- St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (France)
- O Cebreiro
- Lugo and Cantabrian detours
- Santiago de Compostela
- Madrid and Nearby
- El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen
- Andalucía's White Hill Towns
- Arcos de la Frontera
- Zahara and Grazalema
- Spain's South Coast
- Tangier (Morocco)
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Spain, central Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, and Sevilla)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended three-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- Spanish history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Spanish survival phrases
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Also included: a 14½" x 19½" full-color fold-out Planning Map that shows all of Spain and Portugal plus key driving distances/times, and, on the back, handy city close-ups (showing major sights) of Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Toledo, Sevilla, and Lisbon. (Note: This is a slightly smaller version of Rick's stand-alone Spain & Portugal Planning Map.)
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x 1"|
|Publication date:||August 2015|
|Next edition arrives:||September 2016|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If you're not spending more than a few days in Barcelona, Rick Steves Spain is all you're likely to need.
If, however, you're spending at least four days in Barcelona, the extra information in Rick Steves Barcelona is worthwhile. Compared to the Barcelona chapter of the Spain guidebook, Rick Steves Barcelona offers much more in-depth sightseeing information, six more self-guided city walks and museum/sight tours, and advice for travelers specifically interested in the city's shopping, nightlife, or activities for kids. Other information is generally the same — the Barcelona chapter of Rick Steves Spain has all the hotels, restaurants, and nitty-gritty practical advice for Barcelona that you'll find in the Rick Steves Barcelona guidebook. (Our smaller Pocket Barcelona guide offers no sightseeing advice or practical information not included in the full-size Rick Steves Spain guidebook, and no walks or museum tours that aren't in our full-size Barcelona guidebook.)
The various Snapshot guides for Spain are simply excerpted chapters taken directly from the full-size Rick Steves Spain guidebook — so it wouldn't make sense to buy any of the Spain Snapshot guides in addition to Rick Steves Spain.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Spain, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.