- Just what you need for the best of Reykjavík
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Reykjavík's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Great self-guided city walk
- Includes full coverage of the Golden Circle and Reykjanes Peninsula, with the Blue Lagoon
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Reykjavík:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Reykjavík contains the complete chapter on this delightfully tiny capital city, excerpted from Rick's full-length Iceland guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Icelandic destinations. So if all you want is Reykjavík and its top day trips, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price, and a fraction of the bulk.
- Getting around Reykjavík by bus
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
Recommended sights and activities
- From the city's iconic church and concert hall, to its manageable art and history museums to its beloved thermal swimming pools, and beyond
- Self-guided Reykjavík walk: This book becomes a tour guide in your pocket as you amble from the city’s central Ingólfstorg square through the heart of town, down back streets and past inviting cafés and quirky sights to the distinctive Hallgrímskirkja church
- Recommended hotels and restaurants
- Tips for shopping, entertainment, and nightlife
Day trips (with driving-tour routes)
- Blue Lagoon and Reykjanes Peninsula
- Golden Circle
- Sidebars on Iceland’s history and culture
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Ian Watson with Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||June 2020 (2nd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Winter 2024|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's full-length Iceland guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Reykjavík covers the exact same topics as the Reykjavík, Reykjanes Peninsula, and Golden Circle chapters of Rick Steves Iceland — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Iceland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.