- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Icelandic destinations
- Great driving tours and town walks
- Stopover itineraries for travelers on a tight schedule
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Iceland Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Iceland you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
The Blue Lagoon & Reykjanes Peninsula
- Reykjanes Peninsula Driving Tour
- Golden Circle Driving Tour
- South Coast Driving Tour
- Heimaey Island
- West Iceland Driving Tour
- Grábrók Crater
- Reykholt and Nearby
Ring Road Driving Tour
- West Iceland
- North Iceland
- Southeast Iceland
- South Coast
- Thermal waters
- Whales, birds, and horses
- Northern lights
- Self-guided driving tours and town walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Iceland, central Reykjavík, and southwest Iceland)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Parent-tested advice on visiting Iceland with kids
- Recommended itineraries for visits of 10 days, 4–8 days, and 24 hours — with lots more advice on planning your time
- Transportation: Excursion tours, public buses, and driving
- Icelandic history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Icelandic survival phrases and pronunciation guide for place names
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, packing, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Ian Watson with Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||March 2018 (1st edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||April 2020|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get Rick's Snapshot: Reykjavík guide in addition to the Iceland guidebook?
No, because the Snapshot guide for Reykjavík is simply several excerpted chapters taken directly from the complete Rick Steves Iceland guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.