- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/11/22 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase through 12/11/22!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Icelandic destinations
- Great driving tours and town walks
- Stopover itineraries for travelers on a tight schedule
- Includes handy full-color foldout map
Buy your Iceland Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Iceland you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Blue Lagoon & Reykjanes Peninsula
- Golden Circle
- Heimaey & the Westman Islands
- Borgarnes & Reykholt Valley
- Multiday clockwise drive around most of Iceland's perimeter, including Skagafjörður, the Tröllaskagi Peninsula, Akureyri, Mývatn, Húsavík, the Eastfjords, the Southeast Coast, and stop-worthy sights and natural wonders along the way
- Thermal waters
- Whales, birds, and horses
- Northern lights
- Self-guided driving tours and town walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Iceland, central Reykjavík, and southwest Iceland)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Parent-tested advice on visiting Iceland with kids
- Recommended itineraries for visits of 4–14 days, and for 24-hour stopovers — with lots more advice on planning your time
- Transportation: Excursion tours, public buses, and driving
- Icelandic history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Icelandic survival phrases and pronunciation guide for place names
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, packing, and other helpful hints
Also included: a 14½" x 19½" full-color foldout Planning Map that shows on one side all of Iceland, plus key driving distances/times and close-ups of the Golden Circle and Mývatn areas, and detailed maps of Reykjavík's city center and the Reykjanes Peninsula on the other side. (Note: This is a slightly smaller version of Rick's stand-alone Iceland Planning Map.)
|Author(s):||Rick Steves with Cameron Hewitt & Ian Watson|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||April 2020 (2nd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2023|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get Rick's Snapshot: Reykjavík guide in addition to the Iceland guidebook?
No, because the Snapshot guide for Reykjavík is simply several excerpted chapters taken directly from the complete Rick Steves Iceland guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.