Prague & the Czech Republic Guidebook
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need for Prague and the best of the Czech Republic
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Prague & the Czech Republic Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Thorough city-guidebook-level coverage, including three self-guided walks (Old Town, Wenseslas Square, and Vyšehrad district), five museum tours (Jewish Quarter, Museum of Medieval Art, Mucha Museum, Prague Castle, and the Slav Epic), and background on Prague's shopping and entertainment offerings
- Day trips from Prague
- Kutná Hora
- Terezín Concentration Camp Memorial and Litoměřice
- Konopiště, Karlštejn, and Křivoklát castles, and nearby (including Nižbor and Lány)
- Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad)
- Český Krumlov
- Třeboň, Telč, and Třebíč
- Olomouc and Kroměříž
- Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
- Mikulov Wine Region
- Pavlov and the Pálava Hills
- Lednice and Valtice
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of the Czech Republic and central Prague)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended two-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- Czech history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Handy Czech survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Jan (Honza) Vihan|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||April 2015 (8th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Spring 2017|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If your trip is limited to the Czech Republic, Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic fits the bill — it's not only a complete guide to Prague, but it's also something of a country book in disguise, covering all of Rick's favorite Czech destinations.
If your trip includes the Czech Republic as part of a wider trip to Eastern Europe — to Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, and/or Poland — Rick Steves Eastern Europe is probably the better buy. It includes thorough coverage of Rick's select picks in the Czech Republic (Prague, Prague's day trips, and Český Krumlov), albeit with less detail on Prague as you'll find in Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic, and without any coverage of central or eastern Czech Republic.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on the Czech Republic, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.