- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 1/1/19 or while supplies last!
- Carry Prague in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket Prague:
In Rick Steves Pocket Prague you'll find only the best of Prague — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is five self-guided walks and tours that zero in on Prague's greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Getting around Prague by metro, tram, bus, and bike
- Basic tips on shopping, nightlife, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Old Town
- Wenceslas Square
- Prague Castle
- Jewish Quarter sights
- Mucha's Slav Epic
- More Great Sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of Prague's top attractions, from St. Vitus Cathedral to the Mucha Museum to the Museum of Communism, and beyond
- Where to Stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to Eat: Condensed listings for recommended cafés and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" foldout map: central Prague on one side; on the other: greater Prague, and the city's public-transportation networks
- More full-color maps of Prague's neighborhoods and floor plans of top sights
- Handy Czech survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Honza Vihan with Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||June 2016 (1st edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Spring 2019|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Pocket guide and Rick's Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook?
Rick Steves Pocket Prague works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Prague. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Prague is smaller than the complete guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, a handful of self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a foldout map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into Prague, or travel elsewhere in the Czech Republic, the full-size Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook is a better option. It offers complete chapters for plenty more Czech destinations, as well as more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on Prague itself: practicalities, sightseeing, self-guided tours, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and the city's history and culture.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on the Czech Republic, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.