- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Norway
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by train, bus, boat, or car
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Norway:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Norway contains all the complete chapters on this stunning country, excerpted from Rick's full-size Scandinavia guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Scandinavian destinations. So if all you want is the best of Norway, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided tram tour and city walk and tours of the National Gallery and Frogner Park
- Sognefjord and the Norway in a Nutshell Route
- Flåm, Aurland, and Undredal
- Balestrand and nearby
- Including self-guided town walk
- Near Bergen: Ulriken 643 Cable Car, Edvard Grieg's home, and Fantoft Stave Church
- Gudbrandstal Valley
- Jotunheimen Mountains
- South Norway
- Setesdal Valley
- And more
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by car, bus, boat, or train
- Sidebars on Norway's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Norwegian survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||October 2015 (excerpted from Rick Steves Scandinavia, 14th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2018|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Scandinavia guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Norway covers the exact same topics as the Norway chapters of Rick Steves Scandinavia — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Norway, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.