- Just what you need for the best of Lisbon and nearby Sintra
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Lisbon's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Lisbon:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Lisbon contains the complete chapters on Lisbon and nearby Sintra, excerpted from Rick's full-length Portugal guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Portuguese destinations. So if all you want is Lisbon and Sintra, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
- Getting around Lisbon by transit and taxi
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Easy-to-follow maps
Recommended sights and activities
- From the Gulbenkian Museum to trolley tours to the Parque das Nações to Belem's Monastery of Jerónimos and National Coach Museum, and beyond (including resort towns of Cascais and Estoril)
Self-guided neighborhood walks
- The salty Alfama district to Lisbon's castle
- The historic gridded streets of the Baixa (lower town)
- Bairro Alto and Chiado for grand vistas and trendy dining
- Recommended hotels and restaurants
Sintra and nearby
- Pena Palace, National Palace, and more
- Quinta da Regaleira and Monserrate
- Cabo da Roca
- Tips and recommendations for shopping and entertainment in Lisbon
- Sidebars on Lisbon's history and culture
- Handy Portuguese survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||April 2019 (excerpted from Rick Steves Portugal, 10th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||TBD|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's full-length Portugal guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Lisbon covers the exact same topics as the Lisbon and Sintra chapters of Rick Steves Portugal — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Portugal, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.