- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Lisbon and nearby Sintra
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Lisbon's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Lisbon:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Lisbon contains the complete chapters on Lisbon and nearby Sintra, excerpted from Rick's full-size Portugal guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Portuguese destinations. So if all you want is Lisbon and Sintra, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
- Getting around Lisbon by transit and taxi
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Recommended Sights and Activities
- From the Gulbenkian Museum to trolley tours to the Parque das Nações to Belem's Monastery of Jerónimos and National Coach Museum, and beyond
- Self-guided "Three Neighborhoods" walk: This book becomes a tour guide in your pocket as you stroll through the salty Alfama district to Lisbon's castle, then down along the Baixa's gridded streets, then up to the Bairro Alto for its grand vistas
- Recommended Hotels and Restaurants
- Sintra and Nearby
- Pena Palace
- National Palace
- Cabo da Roca, Cascais, and Estoril
- And More
- Sidebars on Lisbon's history and culture
- Handy Portuguese survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||April 2015 (excerpted from Rick Steves Portugal, 8th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Not yet scheduled|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Portugal guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Lisbon covers the exact same topics as the Lisbon and Sintra chapters of Rick Steves Portugal — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-size guidebooks.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Portugal, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.