Croatia & Slovenia Guidebook
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Croatian and Slovenian destinations
- Also includes chapters on Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro
- Great self-guided neighborhood walks
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Croatia & Slovenia Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Dubrovnik and nearby (including Cavtat, Mljet National Park, Pelješac Peninsula, and Trsteno Arboretum)
- Split and nearby (including Trogir, Zadar, and Krka National Park)
- Istria (including Rovinj, Pula, the Brijuni Islands, Poreč, Motovun and other hill towns of the Istrian interior, plus nearby Opatija and Rijeka)
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Zagreb (including nearby Samobor)
- Lake Bled and nearby (including Vintgar Gorge, Radovljica, Kropa, and Lake Bohinj)
- Julian Alps (including the Vršič Pass, Soča Valley, Bovec, and Kobarid)
- Logarska Dolina and the northern valleys (including Velenje Castle)
- The Karst (including Škocjan and Postojna Caves, Lipica Stud Farm, and Predjama Castle)
- Piran and nearby (including Sečovlje Salina Nature Park and Koper cruise port)
- Bay of Kotor (including the town of Kotor)
- The Montenegrin Interior (including Cetinje)
- Budva Riviera (including Sveti Stefan)
- Mostar and nearby (including Blagaj, Počitelj, Metković, Stolac, and Međjugorje)
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of the whole region, central Dubrovnik, the Dalmatian Coast, the Julian Alps, Mostar, and Istria)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended two-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding crowds
- Transportation: Trains, ferries, city transit, and driving
- Each region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Croatian and Slovenian survival phrases, plus place-name pronunciation guide
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4.5" x 1"|
|Publication date:||August 2023 (9th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Winter 2026|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Croatia & Slovenia book or Rick's bigger Eastern Europe guidebook?
If you'll be spending substantial time in Croatia and/or going off the beaten path in Slovenia, you'll want to have Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia along. Rick Steves Eastern Europe includes full coverage of the main destinations in Slovenia, but only short overviews of the highlights of Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Montenegro.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.