Pocket Cinque Terre
- Carry the Cinque Terre in your pocket
- Full color
- Also includes Italian Riviera towns near the Cinque Terre
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
We're sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock. Please check back soon.
Rick Steves Pocket Italy's Cinque Terre contains Rick's complete Cinque Terre and Nearby Riviera Towns chapters, excerpted from his full-length Italy guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Italian destinations. So if all you want is the Cinque Terre and what's nearby, this compact Pocket guide delivers everything you'll need to know — in full color and for about half the price…and much less than half the bulk.
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Self-guided walks for each of the Cinque Terre villages, as well as Santa Margherita Ligure
- Full listings for Rick's picks for sleeping and eating
- Getting around the Cinque Terre by train, boat, shuttle bus, and hiking trail
- Basic tips on nightlife, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Monterosso al Mare
Riviera towns north of the Cinque Terre
- Sestri Levante
- Santa Margherita Ligure
Riviera towns south of the Cinque Terre
- Porto Venere
- La Spezia
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" foldout map: The Cinque Terre coast on one side; village street maps on the other side
- More full-color maps of each village covered
- Handy Italian survival phrases
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||September 2020 (2nd edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||October 2023|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Pocket guide in addition to Rick's complete Italy guidebook?
Probably not. Pocket Cinque Terre has no more advice beyond what you'll find in the Cinque Terre and Italian Riviera chapters of the complete Rick Steves Italy guidebook. The Pocket guide's only extra is a handy foldout map of the region (and color photos).
Should I get this Pocket guide in addition to Rick's Best of Italy guidebook?
Only if you're venturing to Italian Riviera towns near the Cinque Terre, which are covered in this Pocket guide, but not in Rick Steves Best of Italy. But the coverage of the Cinque Terre villages themselves is virtually the same between these two books (except for the Pocket's foldout map).
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Italy, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.