- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need for Budapest and the best of Hungary
- Also includes chapter on Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Budapest Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Budapest you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Thorough city-guidebook-level coverage, including five self-guided walks (Leopold Town, Pest Town Center, Andrássy Út, Heroes' Square and City Park, and Castle Hill), three sight tours (Great Synagogue and Jewish Quarter, House of Terror, and Memento Park), plenty of info on the city's thermal baths, and background on Budapest's shopping, kids' activities, and entertainment
- Day Trips from Budapest
- Gödöllő Palace
- Lázár Lovaspark horse show
- Hollókő folk village
- Danube Bend: Szentendre, Visegrád, and Esztergom
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Hungary and central Budapest)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Advice on planning your time
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- Hungarian history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Handy Hungarian survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||March 2015 (4th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||May 2017|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If your trip is limited to Hungary, Rick Steves Budapest fits the bill — it's not only a complete guide to the city, but it's also something of a country book in disguise, covering all of Rick's favorite Hungarian destinations.
If your trip includes Budapest or other Hungarian destinations as part of a wider trip to Eastern Europe — to the Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, and/or Poland — Rick Steves Eastern Europe is probably the better buy. It includes thorough coverage of Rick's select picks in Hungary (Budapest, Eger, and Pécs), albeit with less detail on Budapest as you'll find in Rick Steves Budapest, and without any coverage of Sopron or Budapest's day trips.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Hungary, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.