- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Berlin
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Berlin's best sights, hotels, restaurants, and nightlife
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Full coverage of two day-trip destinations
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Berlin:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Berlin contains the complete chapters on this city and its day trips, excerpted from Rick's full-size Germany guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other German destinations. So if all you want is Berlin and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price, and a fraction of the bulk.
- Getting around Berlin by transit, taxi, and bike
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Recommended sights and activities
- From Museum Island to the Berlin Wall Memorial to Prenzlauerberg, and beyond
- Self-guided bus tour: Follow along while riding bus #100 from the heart of western Berlin to the heart of eastern Berlin
- Self-guided "Best of Berlin" walk: This book becomes a tour guide in your pocket as you stroll from the Reichstag through the Brandenburg Gate, then down Unter den Linden to Alexanderplatz
- Recommended hotels and restaurants
- Day trips
- Frederick the Great's opulent palaces and gardens at Potsdam
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- And more
- Sidebars on Berlin's history and culture
- Handy German survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||January 2015 (Excerpted from Rick Steves Germany 2014; 2nd printing)|
|Next edition arrives:||January 2016|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Germany guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Berlin covers the exact same topics as the Berlin and Near Berlin chapters of Rick Steves Germany — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-size guidebooks.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Germany, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.