- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Stuffed with self-guided walks and tours
- Full coverage of three day-trip destinations
- Extra tips on shopping and entertainment
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Berlin Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Berlin you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Germany, Greater Berlin, Central Berlin, and Berlin's public transportation network)
- Trip planning: When to go, pretrip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Getting around Berlin by transit, taxi, and bike
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Recommended sights and activities
- Recommended hotels and restaurants
Self-guided walks and rides
- Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate
- Unter den Linden
- Communist East Berlin
- Old Jewish Quarter
- Prenzlauer Berg
- Fascism & Cold War Berlin
Self-guided museum tours
- Museum Island
- Pergamon Museum
- German History Museum
- Berlin Wall Memorial
- Gemäldegalerie & Kulturforum
- Sachsenhausen Memorial & Museum
- Berlin's history, culture, and cuisine
- Berlin's shopping and entertainment
- Handy German survival phrases
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||December 2018|
|Next edition arrives:||December 2020|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Probably not. If you're only spending a few days in Berlin, as part of a longer trip in Germany, the Berlin chapter of either Germany guidebook is all you're likely to need.
If, however, you're spending four days or more in Berlin, the extra information in Rick Steves Berlin can be worthwhile. It offers more in-depth sightseeing information, several additional self-guided city walks and museum/sight tours, and more specifics on shopping and entertainment. Other information is generally the same, especially compared to the complete Rick Steves Germany guidebook, which includes all the hotels, restaurants, and nitty-gritty practical advice for Berlin and its day trips that you'll find in the city guidebook. (But compared to Rick Steves Best of Germany, the Berlin guidebook does have substantially more hotel and restaurant listings, as well as coverage of three day-trip options, none of which are included in Best of Germany.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Germany, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.