- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Carry Athens in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" fold-out color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket Athens:
In Rick Steves Pocket Athens you'll find only the best of Athens — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is five self-guided walks and tours that zero in on Athens' greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding crowds
- Getting around Athens by metro, bus, and taxi
- Basic tips on shopping, nightlife, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Self-Guided City Walk
- Self-Guided Tours
- Ancient Agora
- Acropolis Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- More Great Sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of Athens' other top attractions, from the Temple of Olympian Zeus to the Benaki Museum, and beyond
- Where to Stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to Eat: Condensed listings for recommended tavernas and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- And More
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" fold-out map: Athens city center, Plaka neighborhood, and Acropolis on one side; on the other: Ancient Agora, transit lines, port of Piraeus, along with larger map of Athens' peninsula and the Peloponnese
- More full-color maps of Athens' neighborhoods and floor plans of museums and ancient sites
- Brief descriptions of day-trip options
- Handy Greek survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||May 2012 (1st edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Not yet scheduled|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between the Rick Steves Pocket Athens guide and the Rick Steves Greece: Athens & the Peloponnese guidebook?
Our Pocket Athens guide works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Athens. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Athens is smaller than the full-size guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a fold-out map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into Athens — whether it's because they're staying longer, are visiting for the first time, and/or appreciate more thorough information — or travel elsewhere in Greece, the full-size Rick Steves Greece: Athens & the Peloponnese guidebook is a better option, as it offers full-length chapters for plenty more Greek destinations, as well as more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on Athens itself: more detailed information on practicalities, sightseeing, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and the city's history and culture.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.