Snapshot: Naples & the Amalfi Coast
- Just what you need for the best of Naples and the Amalfi Coast
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Includes Pompeii, Capri, and other nearby highlights
- Tips for connecting each stop by train, car, or boat
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Naples & the Amalfi Coast:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Naples & the Amalfi Coast contains all the complete chapters on this region, excerpted from Rick's complete Italy guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other Italian destinations. So if all you want is Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided "Slice of Neapolitan Life" walk and Archaeological Museum tour
Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Including self-guided tours of both sites as well as side-trip to Vesuvius
- Including self-guided Welcome to Sorrento Walk
- Including helpful tips for reaching the Blue Grotto
- Including self-guided "Hugging the Amalfi Coast" bus-ride tour
- Positano (including self-guided town walk)
- Nearby: Self-guided tour of Paestum's archaeological site and museum
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for getting around the region by train, car, and boat
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Italian survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||February 2020 (Excerpted from Rick Steves Italy 2020)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's complete Italy guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Naples & the Amalfi Coast covers the exact same topics as the Naples, Pompeii and Nearby, Sorrento and Capri, and Amalfi Coast and Paestum chapters of the complete Rick Steves Italy guidebook — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's Best of Italy guidebook?
That depends on how deeply you want to dive into the region. Rick Steves Best of Italy includes lightly condensed coverage of Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, and three stops on the Amalfi Coast — enough for a quick trip. But if you'd like more comprehensive coverage of the region, including information on Herculaneum, Vesuvius, and Paestum, the Snapshot guide is worthwhile.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Italy, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.