The Temporary European: Lessons and Confessions of a Professional Traveler
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/11/22 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase through 12/11/22!
- The new travel memoir from Rick’s longtime collaborator, Cameron Hewitt
- Vivid, insightful, inspiring, and funny travel tales from all across Europe
- Behind-the-scenes stories about writing guidebooks, tour guiding, and making travel TV
Buy your The Temporary European: Lessons and Confessions of a Professional Traveler:
What's it like to write guidebooks, make travel television, and lead bus tours for a living?
Find out with Cameron Hewitt, who has worked alongside Rick Steves for more than 20 years. In this travel memoir, Cameron packs you along in his rucksack — sharing his favorite travel tales from all across Europe.
Join Cameron as he samples spleen sandwiches at a Palermo street market; hikes alone with cows high in the Swiss Alps; stews in Budapest's thermal baths; hand-rolls pasta at a Tuscan agriturismo; shivers through Highland games in a soggy Scottish village; selects the best produce at a Provençal market; navigates Spain's confusing tapas culture; explores London's fun and fascinating street-food scene; and much more.
Along the way, Cameron shares many lessons learned from his favorite Europeans. His stories are packed with ideas and insights for your next trip. You'll also get a good reality check for what seems to be a traveler's dream job. Not just for Rick Steves fans but for anyone who loves Europe, The Temporary European is inspiring, insightful, and fun.
|Dimensions:||5" x 8" x 1"|
|Publication date:||February 2022|
|Next edition arrives:||Not yet scheduled|