- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of Scotland
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by car or train and bus
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Scotland:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Scotland contains all the complete chapters on this rugged country, excerpted from Rick's full-size Great Britain guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on England and Wales. So if all you want is Scotland, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided Royal Mile walk and tours of Edinburgh Castle, St. Giles Cathedral, National Museum of Scotland, Scottish National Gallery, and Scottish National Portrait Gallery
- St. Andrews
- Including self-guided town walk and tour of St. Andrew's Cathedral
- Near St. Andrews: Anstruther (in the East Neuk)
- Including self-guided "Get to Know Glasgow" walk
- Oban and the Southern Highlands
- Islands of Mull and Iona, including self-guided walk
- Fort William
- Loch Lomond, Rest-and-Be-Thankful Pass, and Inverary
- Isle of Skye
- Portree and the Trotternish Peninsula, including self-guided loop drive and tour of Dunvegan Castle
- Inverness and Nearby
- Including self-guided Inverness town walk
- Loch Ness
- Culloden Battlefield (including self-guided tour), Clava Cairns, and Cawdor Castle
- Pitlochry and Stirling
- And more
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by car, bus, and train
- Sidebars on Scotland's history, language, and culture
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Next edition arrives:||Not yet scheduled|
|Publication date:||January 2015 (excerpted from Rick Steves Great Britain, 20th edition)|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Great Britain guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Scotland covers the exact same topics as the Scotland chapters of Rick Steves Great Britain — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
For those who'd like the extra coverage for English destinations covered in Rick Steves England, and who won't miss the Welsh destinations covered in Rick Steves Great Britain, the Snapshot: Scotland guide makes a nice companion to the England guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Scotland, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.