- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Sicilian destinations
- Great self-guided neighborhood walks and sightseeing tours
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Sicily Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Sicily you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
Palermo and nearby
- Monreale Cathedral
Trapani and the west coast
- Favignana (Egadi Islands)
- Mozia Island
- Agrigento and the Valley of the Temples
- Villa Romana del Casale and nearby
Ragusa and the southeast
- Southeast Countryside Drive (Modica, Scicli, Donnalucata, Donnafugata Castle)
Mount Etna and nearby
- Mount Etna Wine Country, including North Slope Wine Country Drive
- Self-guided walks and sightseeing tours
- Easy-to-follow maps (including a full-color overview of the island, Palermo street map, and the Mount Etna area)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended two-week itinerary and city-specific advice on planning your time and avoiding crowds
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving (including route tips)
- Sicilian history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Italian survival phrases
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Note: This is the only Rick Steves guidebook with information on Sicily (neither Rick Steves Italy, nor Rick Steves Best of Italy, have any Sicilian coverage).
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Sarah Murdoch with Alfio Di Mauro|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||April 2019|
|Next edition arrives:||Spring 2021|
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Italy, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.