Provence & the French Riviera Guidebook
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need to explore the best of Provence and the Riviera
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Extra tips on kids and shopping
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Provence & the French Riviera Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Provence & the French Riviera you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Nearby: Pont du Gard Roman aqueduct
- Les Baux and nearby
- The Camargue
Côtes du Rhône
- Côtes du Rhône wine road (including Séguret, Crestet, Suzette, and Gigondas) and other drives
Hill Towns of the Luberon
- Roussillon and Joucas
- Gordes and nearby
- Villages and sights south and east of Roussillon
- Buoux and Lourmarin
- Several self-guided walks and museum tours
Monaco and Nearby
- The Three Corniches (including Cap Ferrat, Eze-le-Village, and Le Trophée des Alps)
- "Quickie Riviera" bus tour from Nice to Monaco
- Grand Canyon du Verdon
- Self-guided walks, museum tours, and rural drives
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of the region)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended two-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- The region's history, culture, and cuisine (including recommendations for cooking courses)
- Extra chapters on traveling with kids and shopping
- Handy French survival phrases
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Steve Smith|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||November 2018 (13th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||November 2020|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Probably not. If you're only spending a few days in Provence and/or the French Riviera, as part of a longer trip in France, the Provence and Riviera chapters of either France guidebook are all you're likely to need. (Rick Steves France includes thorough coverage of the most popular destinations in these two regions; Rick Steves Best of France has condensed coverage of nearly as many places.)
If, however, you're spending at least a week in the region, the extra information in Rick Steves Provence & the French Riviera can be worthwhile. It really delves into this corner of France, covering significantly more destinations, and with more in-depth sightseeing information for Nice, as well as extra background on the region's culture, history, and cuisine.
Should I get the Nice & French Riviera Snapshot guide in addition to this Provence & French Riviera guidebook?
No, because the Snapshot guide for the Riviera is simply excerpted chapters taken directly from the complete Rick Steves Provence & the French Riviera guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on France, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.