- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- In-depth coverage of our favorite Portuguese destinations
- Great self-guided neighborhood walks and museum tours
- Includes handy full-color foldout map
Buy your Portugal Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Portugal you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Cape Sagres
- Peso da Régua
- Self-guided walks and museum tours
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Portugal, central Lisbon, Porto, and Sintra)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended two-week itinerary and advice on planning your time
- Transportation: Buses, trains, city transit, and driving
- Portuguese history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Portuguese survival phrases
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Also included: a 14½" x 19½" full-color foldout Planning Map that shows all of Portugal, plus key driving distances/times, and handy close-ups (showing major sights) of Lisbon, Lisbon Public Transportation, Porto, Sintra, and the areas around the Douro Valley and Salema (Algarve).
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾"|
|Publication date:||January 2023 (12th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Early 2025|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get Rick's Snapshot: Lisbon guide in addition to this Portugal guidebook?
No, because Rick Steves Snapshot: Lisbon is simply the excerpted Lisbon and Sintra chapters taken directly from the complete Portugal guidebook.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.