- Carry Rome in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket Rome:
In Rick Steves Pocket Rome you'll find only the best of Rome — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is six self-guided walks and tours that zero in on Rome's greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Getting around Rome by Metro, bus, bike, and taxi
- Basic tips on shopping, nightlife, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Self-guided "Heart of Rome" walk
- Roman Forum
- Vatican Museums
- St. Peter's Basilica
- Borghese Gallery
- More great sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of Rome's other top attractions, from the Capitoline Museums to Palatine Hill to Santa Maria della Vittoria to Trastevere, and beyond
- Where to stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to eat: Condensed listings for recommended cafés and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- Handy, full-color, 11" x 20" foldout map: Central Rome on one side; on the other: Rome's transit network and south Rome, along with an outline of Rick's self-guided Heart of Rome Walk
- More full-color maps of Rome's neighborhoods and floor plans of museums and churches
- Handy Italian survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||June 2020 (4th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Pocket guide and Rick's other Rome guidebook?
Rick Steves Pocket Rome works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Rome. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Rome is smaller than the complete guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, a handful of self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a foldout map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into Rome, the full-size Rick Steves Rome guidebook is a better option. It offers more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on every front: practicalities, sightseeing, self-guided tours, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, kids' activities, and the city's history and culture, plus complete chapters on the best day trips.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Italy, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.