- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/10/20 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase through 12/10/20!
- Carry Paris in your pocket
- Full color
- Includes 11" x 20" foldout color map
- Condensed and easy to use
Buy your Pocket Paris:
In Rick Steves Pocket Paris you'll find only the best of Paris — admittedly a tough call! The core of this book is six self-guided walks and tours that zero in on Paris' greatest sights and neighborhoods; the rest of the book is a traveler's tool kit:
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Getting around Paris by Métro, RER, bus, bike, and taxi
- Basic tips on shopping, nightlife, managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Historic Paris
- Rue Cler
- Orsay Museum
- Eiffel Tower
- More great sights: Descriptions, ratings, hours, and prices of Paris' other top attractions, from the Rodin Museum to the Orangerie to the Champs-Elysées, and beyond (including less touristy sights)
- Where to stay: Condensed listings for recommended hotels in easy-to-browse tables
- Where to eat: Condensed listings for recommended cafés and restaurants in easy-to-browse tables
- A 10¾" x 19½" full-color foldout Planning Map with a big overview of the city (with major sights), plus detailed close-ups of Montmartre and the area around Ile de la Cité (outlying the route of our self-guided Historic Paris Walk), a full Métro map, and zoomed-out schematics showing Paris' neighborhoods and day-trip destinations.
- More full-color maps of Paris' neighborhoods and floor plans of museums and churches
- Handy French survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves, Steve Smith & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||6" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||May 2019 (4th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2022|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Pocket guide and Rick's other Paris guidebook?
Rick Steves Pocket Paris works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Paris. Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Paris is smaller than the complete guidebook (and in full color), but still offers our best sightseeing advice, a handful of self-guided city walks and museum tours, and a foldout map.
For travelers who want to delve deep into Paris, the full-size Rick Steves Paris guidebook is a better option. It offers more substantial (and more frequently updated) advice on every front: practicalities, sightseeing, self-guided tours, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, kids' activities, and the city's history and culture, plus complete chapters on the best day trips.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on France, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.