Snapshot: Nice & the French Riviera
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of the French Riviera
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by car or bus and train
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Nice & the French Riviera:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Nice & the French Riviera contains the complete chapters on this region, excerpted from Rick's full-size Provence & the French Riviera guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on Provence. So if all you want is the best of the French Riviera, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Several self-guided walks and museum tours
Monaco and Nearby
- The Three Corniches (including Cap Ferrat, Eze-le-Village, and Le Trophée des Alps)
- Grand Canyon du Verdon
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Advice on planning your time
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by car or bus and train
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and art treasures
- Handy French survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Steve Smith|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||March 2019 (excerpted from Rick Steves Provence & the French Riviera, 13th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Spring 2021|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's complete Provence & the French Riviera guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Nice & the French Riviera covers the exact same topics as the Riviera chapters of the complete Rick Steves Provence & the French Riviera guidebook — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
That depends on how deeply you want to dive into the region. Rick Steves France and Rick Steves Best of France include condensed coverage of our favorite Riviera stops — enough for a quick trip. But the Snapshot guide is worthwhile if you'd like more comprehensive coverage of the region, or any information on Menton, Cannes, or St-Tropez (none of which are included in France or Best of France — and Best of France also omits the Three Corniches and Inland Riviera entirely).
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on France, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.