Snapshot: Madrid & Toledo
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for Madrid and Toledo
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Includes Ávila and sights northwest of Madrid
- Tips for getting around by train, bus, or car
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Madrid & Toledo:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Madrid & Toledo contains the complete chapters on both of these cities and their day trips, excerpted from Rick's full-size Spain guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other destinations. So if all you want is Madrid, Toledo, and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, activities, hotels, and restaurants for both cities, and plenty of extras:
- Including self-guided Puerta del Sol to Royal Palace walk and tours of the Royal Palace, Prado Museum, Centro de Arte de Reina Sofía, the Gran Vía, and two fun bus rides, plus plenty of nightlife suggestions
- Including self-guided bus ride from Santo Tomé to Plaza de Zocodover, and cathedral tour
- Northwest of Madrid
- El Escorial (including self-guided tour of the Monasterio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial)
- Valley of the Fallen
- Segovia (including self-guided Historic Segovia walk)
- And more
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for getting around by train, bus, or car
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Spanish survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||October 2015 (excerpted from Rick Steves Spain 2016)|
|Next edition arrives:||Fall 2017|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves Spain guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Madrid & Toledo covers the exact same topics as the Madrid, Northwest of Madrid, and Toledo chapters of Rick Steves Spain — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-size guidebooks.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Spain, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.