Snapshot: Loire Valley
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Just what you need for the best of the Loire Valley
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- Great self-guided château tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by car, bike, or train
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Loire Valley:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Loire Valley contains the complete chapter on this region, excerpted from Rick's full-size France guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other French destinations. So if all you want is the best of the Loire Valley, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for the following towns, plus the best of the region's elegant châteaux:
- Including self-guided town walk, Château Royal d'Amboise, Château du Clos-Lucé and Leonardo da Vinci Park, and more sights
- Including self-guided tour of Château de Chenonceaux
- Including Château Royal de Blois and more sights
- More Châteaux East of Tours
- Chambord (including self-guided tour)
- Chaumont-sur-Loire (including self-guided tour)
- Loches and Valençay
- Including self-guided town walk, Forteresse Royale, and more sights
- Château d’Azay-le-Rideau
- More Châteaux and Gardens West of Tours
- Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud
- And more
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Rick's tips for choosing among the many castles
- Transportation tips for getting around the valley by car, bike, train, minibus excursion, and taxi
- Background on the region's history, culture, cuisine, and wines
- Handy French survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Steve Smith|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¼"|
|Next edition arrives:||January 2016|
|Publication date:||February 2014 (excerpted from Rick Steves France 2014)|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to the full-size Rick Steves France guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides offer no additional information beyond what's in the larger guidebooks — they're simply excerpted chapters from our full-size guidebooks. Snapshot: Loire Valley covers the exact same topics as the Loire chapter of Rick Steves France — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-size guidebooks.)
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on France, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.