Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/19 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Key words and phrases for travelers
- In full color, with color coding for easy navigation
- Handy pocket-size format
- Menu decoder and phone instructions
- Italian–English dictionary
Buy your Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary:
After decades of close-to-the-ground travel through Europe, Rick Steves has learned which Italian words and phrases are important for independent travelers — and which ones are worthless outside of four-star hotels. This pocket-sized volume is packed with practical words and phrases designed to help you enjoy a better trip.
You'll find key Italian words and phrases covering:
- Travel in Italy by train, car, city transit, and taxi
- Shopping, money, entertainment, activities
- Sightseeing, technology, sleeping
- Italian food and wine, with extensive descriptions
- Travel talk, health, love, curse words
- Italian tongue twisters and gestures
Wait — there's more:
- Detailed Italian–English and English–Italian traveler's dictionary
- Helpful Italian–English and English–Italian menu decoder
- Tips for using mobile devices and getting online
- Phrases for making reservations over the phone
- Maps to aid in conversations
- Words and phrases designed to help you make friends with Italians
|Dimensions:||5 ½" x 3 ¾" x ½"|
|Publication date:||September 2019 (8th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||TBD|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
If your trip will focus primarily on Italy, this single-language phrase book is your best value.
If you'll be traveling to French- or German-speaking areas as well, Rick Steves' French, Italian & German Phrase Book might be the better buy. It contains all the essentials of each single-language phrase book, but without a dictionary, and with fewer travel tips (and it's in two-color, not full color).