Holy Land DVD
- NEW! Special Director's Cut edition
- Rick's one-hour special on Israel and Palestine
- Commentary track, extended interviews, Q&A
- Bonus DVD: "Rick Steves' Iran" TV special
Buy your Holy Land DVD:
- Rick Steves' The Holy Land: Israelis and Palestinians Today — filmed on location in 2013 — is available now as a special "director's cut" DVD. In Israel, Rick travels from the venerable ramparts of Jerusalem to the vibrant modern skyline of Tel Aviv. In Palestine, he harvests olives near Hebron, visits a home in Bethlehem, and pops into a university in Ramallah. Weaving together narratives from both sides, Rick also learns about security walls, disputed settlements, and the persistent challenges facing the region.
- Why the Holy Land? According to Rick, "I wanted to produce a television show that could help my American viewers better understand this troubled land. My agenda was simply to be balanced and honest. Not with the cold detachment of a news reporter, but with the natural empathy that comes from being a travel writer. I wanted to take on a 'dual narrative' approach: giving voice to reasonable and rational people from both sides of the thorny issues."
- Director's Cut Bonus Features: An extended version of the original one-hour public television special, commentary track featuring Rick Steves and director Simon Griffith, 15-minute Q&A interview with Rick Steves, and 10 extended interviews with people who appear in the TV special.
- Bonus DVD: This product is a two-DVD set! The second bonus DVD is the one-hour Rick Steves' Iran public-television special.
|Run time:||1 hour, plus bonus features|
|Source:||Rick Steves' Europe, Inc.|