- Just what you need for the best of Dubrovnik and surroundings
- In-depth, Rick-tested advice on Dubrovnik's best sights, hotels, and restaurants
- Great self-guided tours
- Includes full coverage of the Bay of Kotor (Montenegro), Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina), plus plenty more day-trip destinations
- Tips for connecting each spot by bus, car, or boat
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Dubrovnik:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Dubrovnik contains the complete chapters on this city and its best day trips, excerpted from Rick's full-length Croatia & Slovenia guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on destinations farther north. So if all you want is Dubrovnik and what's nearby, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
- Including self-guided Stradun Stroll and tour of the city walls
- Tips on swimming, sunbathing, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife
Day trips near Dubrovnik
- Excursions from Dubrovnik's Old Port
- Pelješac Peninsula
- Trsteno Arboretum
- Mljet National Park (including sleeping and eating recommendations)
- Self-guided driving tour of the Bay of Kotor
- Kotor town and nearby (including sleeping and eating recommendations)
- Self-guided driving tour of the Montenegrin interior
- Budva Riviera (including Budva and Sveti Stefan)
- Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
Day trips near Mostar
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for connecting each stop by car, bus, or boat
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Croatian survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Cameron Hewitt|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||June 2020 (excerpted from Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia, 8th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Winter 2024|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's full-length Croatia & Slovenia guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Dubrovnik covers the exact same topics as the Dubrovnik and Near Dubrovnik chapters of Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.