Best of Europe 2015 Book
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Greatest hits from Rick's guidebooks
- Perfect for a whirlwind Europe trip
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Best of Europe 2015 Book:
Made up of condensed versions of the most popular chapters from his individual guidebooks on western Europe, Rick's "greatest hits" guide is perfect for the whirlwind Europe trip.
In Rick Steves Best of Europe you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on:
- Hallstatt and the Salzkammergut Lake District
- Nice on the French Riviera
- Southern Bavaria
- Rhine Valley
- Great Britain
- Cinque Terre
- Gimmelwald and the Berner Oberland
- Self-guided neighborhood walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of each country covered)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist
- Recommended itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding crowds
- Transportation: Trains, city transit, and driving
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x 1 ½"|
|Publication date:||August 2014|
|Next edition arrives:||April 2017|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
The Vancouver Sun says, "Rick Steves' Best of Europe is filled with good, practical advice for independent travelers who don't want to miss the must-sees, but also hope to get away from the tourist hordes now and then."
I'm taking a whirlwind European trip to a bunch of places not covered in your Best of Europe guidebook. Should I pack a suitcase full of separate books?
If you're going to even just a handful of places included in Rick Steves Best of Europe, this guidebook's still a smart buy (remember, you can always tear out the chapters you don't think you'll need). You can supplement your copy of Best of Europe with a combination of Snapshot guides, city-specific guidebooks, Pocket guides, and — lightest of all — ebook versions of the guidebooks for your extra destinations.
What's the difference between Rick Steves Best of Europe, Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door, and Rick Steves' Europe 101?
- Rick Steves Best of Europe: An honest-to-goodness guidebook, with all the specifics on sights, hotels, and restaurants for travelers on a whirlwind trip around western Europe (who don't want to buy — or lug — separate guidebooks for every stop on the way)
- Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door: Our essential handbook for how to plan and enjoy a trip to Europe, designed to be read before you go — with in-depth advice on planning, packing, saving money, avoiding lines, staying healthy, leaping the language barrier, finding a bathroom…and lots more
- Rick Steves' Europe 101: Our fun, informative, full-color survey of Europe's art and history — also designed to be read before your trip
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.