Snapshot: Basque Country: Spain and France
- Just what you need for the best of the Basque Country
- Rick's picks for eating and sleeping
- Great self-guided walks and tours
- Tips for connecting each stop by train, bus, or car
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Snapshot: Basque Country: Spain and France:
Rick Steves Snapshot: Basque Country contains all the complete chapters on this unique region, excerpted from Rick's full-length Spain guidebook — and leaves out the chapters on other destinations. So if all you want is the best of the Basque Country, this compact Snapshot guide delivers everything you'll need to know — for about half the price and half the bulk.
Inside you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on the best sights, hotels, and restaurants for:
San Sebastián and Nearby
- Including extensive listings for going pintxo-bar hopping
- Self-guided Bay of Biscay scenic joyride
- Including self-guided tour of the Guggenheim Bilbao
- Including self-guided "Walking of the Tourists" walk
- Including self-guided town walk
- Biarritz and Nearby Villages
- Advice on planning your time
- Easy-to-follow maps
- Transportation tips for getting around the region by train, bus, or car
- Sidebars on the region's history, culture, and cuisine
- Handy Spanish and French survival phrases
- Basic tips on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ½"|
|Publication date:||January 2021 (excerpted from Rick Steves Spain 17th edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||TBD|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's complete Spain guidebook?
Nope! Our Snapshot guides are simply excerpted chapters from our full-length guidebooks. Snapshot: Basque Country covers the exact same topics as the two Basque Country chapters of the complete Rick Steves Spain guidebook — the same hotels, same restaurants, same sightseeing information, same everything. (Our Snapshot guides are, however, updated less frequently than our full-length guidebooks.)
Should I get this Snapshot guide in addition to Rick's Best of Spain guidebook?
That depends on how deeply you want to dive into the Basque Country. Rick Steves Best of Spain includes condensed coverage of San Sebastián, Bilbao, and Pamplona — enough for a quick trip. But if you'd like more comprehensive coverage of the region, the Snapshot guide is worthwhile.
Yes! If your trip to France includes a visit to the Basque Country, this Snapshot guide is the perfect companion to Rick Steves France or Rick Steves Best of France, as neither of these guides include the French (or Spanish) Basque towns covered in Snapshot: Basque Country.
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in this guidebook, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.