Amsterdam & the Netherlands Guidebook
- Holiday Sale: 30% off through 12/15/15 or while supplies last!
- Free standard US shipping with $50 purchase!
- Rick's picks for sights, eating, sleeping
- All you need for the best of the Netherlands
- Stuffed with fun self-guided neighborhood walks and museum tours
- Easy-to-read maps
Buy your Amsterdam & the Netherlands Guidebook:
In Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Thorough city-guidebook-level coverage, including three self-guided walks (city walk, Red Light District, and Jordaan neighborhood), four museum tours (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, and Amstelkring Museum), and background on Amsterdam's shopping, kids' activities, smoking scene, and nightlife
- Delft and the Hague
- Keukenhof and the Aalsmeer Flower Auction
- Alkmaar and Zaanse Schans
- Edam, Volendam, and Marken
- Hoorn, Enkhuizen, and the Historic Triangle
- Museums near Arnhem
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of the Netherlands and central Amsterdam)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- Dutch history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
- Handy Dutch survival phrases
|Author(s):||Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw|
|Dimensions:||8" x 4 ½" x ¾ "|
|Publication date:||March 2015 (1st edition)|
|Next edition arrives:||Spring 2017|
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between the Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands guidebook and the Rick Steves Pocket Amsterdam guide?
The biggest difference is that the full-size Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands covers Rick's favorite Dutch destinations beyond Amsterdam in addition to more in-depth coverage on Amsterdam than what's in the pocket guide — including detailed information on the city's nightlife, shopping, kids' activities, and the city's history and culture.
Our Pocket Amsterdam guide works best for people taking a short trip, or perhaps a return trip, to Amsterdam (and not venturing beyond it). Like our other Pocket guides, Pocket Amsterdam is in full color and smaller than the full-size guidebook — and lacks the bigger book's detailed advice (but still offers our best sightseeing advice and most of the larger book's self-guided city walks and museum tours, plus a fold-out map).
Updates and Feedback
Latest updates: When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on the Netherlands, we post them. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
Submit feedback: Once you've used this book in Europe, we'd love to hear your feedback — good or bad — about our advice on sights, hotels, restaurants, and travel tips. We're also interested in any tips or discoveries you made while in Europe. Your comments help us improve our guidebooks for future travelers.